World Travel Awards Article
2 min read
We are so excited to announce that our beautiful Mother City has been nominated for 9 World Travel Awards! For 2023, Cape Town has been nominated for the Africa region and voting is open now, until midnight on 30 April 2023. Please find information on how to vote below.
The World Travel Awards have been around since 1993 and highlights and celebrates the best of the best of the tourism, travel, and hospitality industries. It is a massive honour to be nominated, as these awards acknowledge the cream of the crop worldwide. For its 30th awards season, the World Travel Awards features Cape Town 9 times as a nominee. The categories are as follows:
- Africa’s Leading Airport – Cape Town International Airport
- Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction – Robben Island, Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront for Africa’s
- Africa’s Leading Cruise Port – The Port of Cape Town
- Africa’s Leading Beach Destination
- Africa’s Leading Business Travel Destination
- Africa’s Leading City Destination
- Africa’s Leading Festival & Event Destination
- Africa’s Leading Meetings & Conference Destination
- Africa’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre – The Cape Town International Convention Centre
Alongside these are several nominations for South African destinations, businesses, and attractions . Voting is easy: register at the World Travel Awards’ website and verify your email address. Once you’ve completed this step, you can log in and select the Africa region. Here you can see all the nominees and vote for Cape Town in the above categories. Be sure to check out the other categories, where you can vote for other South African nominees. Voting ends at midnight on 30 April 2023, so hurry up!
We will of course let you know as soon as the results are out! We are so proud of Cape Town for being a world-leader in travelling, tourism, and hospitality and we are honoured to form a part of this thriving and important industry.